A few hours after your treatment, your skin may feel tight or have a sunburnt appearance. Though this may feel a little uncomfortable, this is completely normal.
We recommend that you:
- Use cooled boiled water to cleanse your face and apply the aftercare serums advised by your therapist.
- For the first two days, avoid any products that contain Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHAs).
- Avoid wearing make-up for the first two days after your treatment. We then advise that you use mineral make-up as it is free or irritants and is kind to the skin. Please contact us if you would like mineral make-up recommendations.
- DO NOT take anti-inflammatories (such as Ibuprofen). These will interfere with your healing process.
- Please avoid smoking, as this will flood your skin with free radicals – damaging particles that limit the benefits of your treatment.
- Do not exercise for 24 hours after your treatment. The treated area needs to stay clean and free of any excess sweat.
- Limit your exposure to sunlight and do not use sunbeds for three weeks. Avoid fake tan for the first 48 hours.