Clinic Hygiene & Prevention of Cross Contamination
To maintain clinic hygiene and prevent cross contamination or infection in your clinic, it is strongly recommended that you ensure the following:
- The clinic is cleaned thoroughly every day.
- The working area to be cleaned before and after every client.
- Fresh towels and linen should be used for every new client that has been laundered at a minimum of 60°C.
- Couch roll, disposable plastic sheeting/wrapping or waterproof bed sheets need to be used to protect the couch and keep the area as clean as possible.
- Products should be dispensed from purpose-specific pump or spray bottles. Creams can be removed from jars or bottles with clean spatulas.
- All lids on products are replaced securely after use.
- All tools that are non-disposable should be sterilised prior to use.
- Bins should be metal and have foot pedal operations and be emptied every day. Bins should be collected by an appropriate commercial/clinical waste disposal company.